PROGRAMMING IN C
Duration : 1 Month / 72 Hours
A course designed for a novice in the field of programming, gives you a first easy step to enter into the world of programming through the most popular, most loved C Programming.
1 Month / 72 Hours
➤ BASICS OF PROGRAMMING AND HISTORY OF C
- Define software, the components of a programming software (editor, debugger, compiler, interpreter, linker etc.)
- Algorithm, pseudo codes, flow chart.
- Programming models- procedure oriented and object oriented and the difference.
- The history of c.
- Standard c libraries and the first c program.
- The life cycle and adding comments to a program.
➤ DATA TYPES AND VARIABLES
- Define data types, data type classification- integral and floating
- Data types and their max values
- Variables/ identifiers, variable declaration and its syntax
- Assigning values to a variable
- Adding comments
- Display variable values with printf(), reading variable values with scanf()
- Define format specifies(%f, %d, %s)
- Formatting output
- Data type qualifiers(short, long, unsigned etc)
- External variables (use of extern keyword) and its usage
- Static variables
- Register variables and volatile variables
- Converting data types
- Arrays and multi-dimensional arrays.
➤ CONSTANTS AND OPERATORS
- Declaring constants and define its use
- Enumerating constants using the enum keyword, Typedef
- Using # define and conditional definition.
- Performing operations using operators- arithmetic operators(+,-,*,/,%,++,–)
- Logical operators(and, or, not)
- Assignment operators(=,+=,-=,*=,/=,%=)
- Comparison operator(==, !=, <,>, >=,<=)
- Conditional operator(?:)
- Sizeof operator and operator precedence.
➤ CONTROL STRUCTURES AND FUNCTIONS
- Control structures- branching( if, if else, switch) syntax and usage,
- Looping( for, while and do while) with the detailed syntax and context of usage,
- The break and continue statement, goto statement.
- Functions- define what a functions is, function declaration with its syntax, function arguments, calling functions and recursive functions, function in custom headers, multiple source files and static functions.
- Some important built-in math, string and character functions.
➤ POINTERS AND COMMAND LINE ARGUMENTS
- Introduce pointers
- Pointing to a variable
- Pointer datatypes, getting and setting values using pointers, pointer arithmetic, pointers and arrays
- Changing variable values with pointers
- Passing pointers to functions
- Array of pointers and pointing to functions.
- Creating command line argument program in c
- The argc and argv arguments
- Build and make a c program
- Passing arguments through command line.
➤ STRUCTURE, LINKED LIST AND FILE HANDLING
- Define structure and its use,
- Declaring a structure,
- Creating instances of a structure,
- Using typedef with structure, nesting of structures and its application,
- Accessing members of a structure,
- Arrays and pointers in structures,
- Structure pointer, collection of structures, structures as function argument,
- Unions and its difference with structures, declaring a union, array of unions, unions as member of structures and pointers to unions.
- Linked list- concept of linked list and dynamic memory allocation using malloc,
- Types of linked list single, doubly linked list, circular linked list), inserting, appending and deleting nodes in singly linked list, grounding the node and emptying the list.
- Explain the concept of dynamic memory allocation and write a program to create a singly linked list and do the basic operations such as insert a node, delete a node and empty the list. Demonstrate the implementation of doubly linked list, circular linked list and its basic operations.
- File handling and Basic graphics
- Introduce the library for file operations and important functions in it.
- The FILE datatype, fopen(), fclose(), file pointers, fscanf(), fprintf(), fputs(), fgets(), fputc(), fgetc(), fread() and fwrite().
- Reading and writing files character wise and as a whole and reporting errors.
- Introduce graphics in C, text mode and graphics mode, graphics used in text mode- window(), cputs(), gotoxy();
- Graphics in graphics mode, INITGRAPH(), closegraph(), circle(), setcolor(), setlinestyle(), setfillstyle(), floodfill(), rectangle(), line();
- Text in graphics mode- outtext(), settextstyle()
- ★ G-TEC Certificate