DIPLOMA IN DATA ENTRY - (DDE)
Duration : 4 Months / 144 hours
DIPLOMA IN DATA ENTRY – (DDE) – GN6890F
The objective of the Diploma in Data Entry (DDE) course is to equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills to perform data entry tasks accurately and efficiently. The course aims to provide comprehensive training in data entry techniques, software applications, and data management.
- History of computing
- Modern Computers
- Computer Hardware, Computer Software
- Input Devices, Output Devices, System Unit
- Storage Devices, Removable Storage Devices
- Types of computers
- Communication Devices, Accessories
Operating system (DOS)
- About DOS
- DOS File system
- Elementary and intermediate DOS commands: DIR, DATE, TIME, CLS, VER, DISKCOPY, FORMAT, VOL, LABEL, CD, MD, RD, PROMPT, MOVE, COPY, TYPE, DEL, REN, MOVE.
Operating System (Windows)
- Introduction to Windows XP, Mouse Basics, working in Windows XP
- Learning More about the Mouse
- Components of a window, Quitting Windows XP
- Using Explorer Window, getting familiar with desktop, window sizing, creating program shortcuts
- Windows Accessories
LESSON: 1 HOW TO TYPE
- Basic requirements for the installation of English Typing Software
- Finger Positioning
- Division of Key Boards to left hand and Right hand
LESSON: 2 INTRODUCTIONS TO ENGLISH LETTERS
- English Letters
- Letters and Pronunciation
- Other exclamatory makes and Symbols
LESSON -3 LESSON PRACTICE
- This includes 20 Lessons
- First 9 Lessons says about the letters and their practices
- From 10th lesson onwards teaches you about the numbers and symbols
LESSON -4 TEST PRACTICE
- After the Lesson practice you will have Practice on keys
- Practice on Words
- Practice on sentence
LESSON -5 LEISURE TIME – GAMES
- Typing games
- Typing Speeding games
- Sentence typing games
LESSON -6 TYPING REPORTS
- The students report can be taken print out here
Getting Started with Microsoft Word
- Exploring New Features in Word
- Starting Microsoft Word
- Creating a New Word Document, Saving a Word Document
- Applying Basic Formatting
- Working with Styles
- Applying Bulleted and Numbered Lists
- Using Cut, Copy, and Paste Commands
- Using Find, Replace, and Go to Commands
- Printing a Word Document
- Opening an Existing Word Document, closing a Word Document, Exiting Microsoft Word
Getting Started with Microsoft Excel
- Exploring New Features in Excel
- Creating a New Excel Workbook, Saving an Excel Workbook
- Adding Data to Cells, Adding Data using AutoFill
- Modifying Cells, Rows, Columns, and Worksheet
- Hiding and Unhiding Rows and Columns
- Wrapping Text, Changing Number Formats, Adding Borders to Cells
- Applying Conditional Formatting, Renaming a Worksheet.
- Accessing Workbooks from the Web
- Printing a Worksheet or a Workbook
- Opening an Existing Excel Workbook, closing an Excel Workbook, Exiting Microsoft Excel
Getting Started with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Exploring New Features in PowerPoint
- Creating a Blank Presentation, Saving a Presentation
- Adding and Removing Slides
- Adding a Title and Subtitle to a Slide, Adding Text to a Slide using Text Boxes
- Setting Up and Running a Slide Show
- Broadcasting PowerPoint Slideshows
- Recording Slideshows as Videos
- Packaging a Presentation on a CD
- Opening an Existing Presentation, closing a Presentation, Exiting Microsoft PowerPoint
Introduction to PageMaker
- Creating a new Document, Creating a new Document, Viewing/Zooming Document.
- Changing the Document Setup, Rulers, Guides, Grids, Drawing Tools, Applying Colors, Creating New Colors, Formatting
- Text and Paragraph, setting up Character and Paragraph Styles, Paragraph Rules
- Numbering and Bullets
- Text Wrapping and Tab Setting
- editing in Story Window
- Spell Checking Finding and Replacing
- Introduction to ISM/ Local Language editor, the latest local language IME, Exercise data entry in local language till they achieve an average speed of 30 WPM.
- Open Type fonts.
- Word processing, database applications, web-based applications,
- publishing and testing with the local language typing software
- What is Internet? basic concepts and html, internal architecture, browsers, search engines and e-mail providers, Browsing, searching using search engines, e-mails and chatting.
- The concept of web, website, server and client.
- Introduce Internet Explorer and its components (favourites, history, bookmarks, internet options), search using a keyword, experimenting links (text and image), dynamic websites and static websites,
- Create an email account and basic mail operations (reading mail, sending mail, erasing mail, spams/trash, sent mails, email settings, signatures, inbox and filtering).
- Chatting using the same account, installing a chat software, setting the visibility, setting picture and text, adding/removing contacts, sending chat request, blocking a particular user.
- This involves a practice session for e-type (G-TEC) students to give them confidence in advance of their e-type test.
- Able to touch type English using Ten Fingers.
- Increase speed and accuracy in English Data entry
- Able to touch type at the speed of 40 WPM
- Able to automate activities with MS Office
- Able to do desktop publishing works with PageMaker
- Able to type in local language